Saturday 26 April 2008

Rome

So I went to Rome and it is actually the most amazing place in the world. I plan to buy a holiday home there at some time.

Things that are different in Rome :

The traffic is mental, I was nearly ran over so many times. The green walking man seems to be more of a guide line than a rule, along with lanes, zebra crossings and stop signs.

The Tube / Metro. In London the first rule about the tube is, you do not talk on the tube. The second rule of the tube is, you DO NOT talk on the tube. This does not seem to be the case in Rome, and can you guess what film I watched recently? There are also TVs showing adverts on the Metro, which is just annoying, on the train and the platform. They are really loud, big posters are just much better.

Ate loads of Pasta, Pizza and Ice Cream. I went to this one restaurant type place right on top of the Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II, a place I had never heard of before but it is Huge and hosts the tomb of the Italian Unknown Soldier. And you could see the whole city, I have pictures at home somewhere. It would take to long to talk about everything that was amazing there, it just all was.

I had my first £120 meal in Rome (between 2), and it was actually the best thing I have ever eaten. I brought lots of presents. My sister a Prada handbag, my Dad a box of cigars and a crate of wine. It then brought a lot of stuff for myself. Coffee, Cheese, Cigars, Wine, Crazy Lemon Liqueur, Chocolate, Suit, Sunglasses etc. etc. I think the funniest thing, which I did not buy, was the pasta in novelty shapes. They had any shape you could want, and I do mean any. (Yes Penis shaped is very much included)

If you have not been you should go. I can imagine it would be an amazing place to take a girlfriend for a holiday.

If you do go, stay in a place called Suite of Rome, I can give you the address. Cheap and excellent service.

No comments: